It aims to provide emergency survival and food relief for vulnerable people in New Delhi.
Project UMEED is addressing the Covid19 SOS with:
1) A fundraiser on milaap.org to raise necessary donations to help provide emergency relief kits to the most vulnerable and underprivileged families.
Each emergency relief kit contains packed food, rations, sanitary pads, essential medicines, masks, and emergency cash. The cost of a kit with one weeks’ supply of essential resources is Rs.500 ($7).
2) Distribution of the kits to each family with the help of 250 on-ground local volunteers.
3) Community Kitchens that are setup at Mithapur, Badarpur and Sadar Bazar that serve lunch and dinner to 1000 people each
4) Liaison with government authorities to identify the vulnerable families and provide relief for them. For example, the trans-Yamuna case of 5000 homeless people
5) Awareness on Covid19 prevention, social distancing and hunger relief
6) Partnerships with network of NGOs in the Delhi Relief Collective to effectively manage the hunger crisis